The sixth episode of VR Finland Podcast features professor Steven M. LaValle from the University of Illinois. In addition to his position at UIUC, Mr. LaValle has also been appointed as the Chief Scientist of VR/AR/MR for Huawei Technologies and he has been one of the first employees and the Head Scientist at Oculus.
[Intro and outro will be in Finnish, but the main part of the podcast is in English.]
In this episode we will discuss:
- What is the relationship between Mr. LaValle, Oculus and Oulu, Finland?
- When will VR go mainstream?
- Should we reproduce reality or do the magical stuff with VR?
- Why do some people get sick when they use VR?
- Why you should not be overconfident when developing for VR?
- Why best practices are important in VR development?
- What are the hardest problems to solve?
- VR vs AR?
- What will become the Killer Application in VR?
- What advice would be helpful for companies starting in VR?